mercredi, octobre 27, 2004

Perplexed

I have been busy, my friends. I've been reading about disgusting human beings who oppress others. I have gotten sick to my stomach just reading about others committing such atrocities. I had read about WWII and I was amazed by what Hitler did to the Jews, the Gypsies, Jehovah's Witnesses, and just anybody who defied his government, including those of German descent. You'd think he was a psychopath and yeah, maybe he was that, but we never think about other people lowering themselves to the same level such as the early colonist of the United States did.

If you have not read about slavery, if you have not read about the Witch Trials, and if you have not read about the Trail of Tears, than you will not disagree with me. I encourage you to do so because it will open up your eyes to the wicked system we live in. American's for long have been teaching at schools the inhumanity of Hitler and many people all over the world condemned him, but do we ever look at what our own country has done to the poor, the minority, and just the deviant people? No, most people do not know because it's not things that their own country wants to teach them and I hope that they at least feel some shame for what their descendents have done in the past. I hope they do know the meaning of shame itself, for God's sake!

And so I was reading my history book; it dealt with the way the early colonists of America swept with the Cherokee nation (No wonder they even have a song about them!). The Cherokee people were learning "white men" behavior, meaning that they were learning their alphabet, had schools, etc. in order to fit in. Did Andrew Jackson see this? Of course he did, only he still decided he was to move them West. He told them they were being sent to a "country of tall trees, many water courses, rich lands and high grass abounding in games of all kinds," when in reality it was nothing but "barren desert"! They were made to walk barefoot, women had to carry their children, and only the sick were to go in a wagon. Many died, of course. When the Natives did die, the white men would go and rob them. Not content with the fact that they were robbing their land, they also robed from them when they were dead. Isn't that sick behavior? What greed does to you is just remarkably grotesque.

Like it says here on this book written by Private John G. Burnett it was "the most brutal order in the history of American warfare". Having read this, do you have any doubt about the tyrany of the early colonist of the United States? Now all they have left, as if in a mocking way, is the names of the Indian people imprinted in street signs.

I sometimes feel ashamed of being human, for realz. There is no doubt in my mind that we need help from above if we're to survive.

Aucun commentaire: